Working fork of iScroll 4 with extended acceleration

The problem that I had introduced in my iScroll 4 code just needed a simple fix. This was the code I had in my local file. speed = m.abs(dist) / time + (addVelocity ? velocity : 0) Speed should always result in a positive number, when velocity was negative then obviously the end result could be negative. In addition the effects were quite strange since sometimes multiple touchmoves would result in the speed being lower […] Read more »

iScroll 4 first fix for acceleration on multiple touchmoves

Chicago Temple Building 50 by orijinal, on Flickr

iScroll 4 is a great library for adding scrolling to mobile Html5 applications. Unfortunately I found that there is something missing in how the scroller works compared to native scrolling. After comparing how one of my HTML5 mobile applications scrolls compared to an equivalent native app I found one major difference that changes the feel of the iScroll scroller – multiple consecutive scrolls on the native app speeds up the scrolling. With iScroll 4 multiple […] Read more »

W3 Total Cache and WordPress Network issues

Racing Stars

I have setup this wordpress installation as a network of sites using the built in WordPress support for site networks. All of the sites are running on separate domains but WordPress is setup to use subdirectories for the different sites. So this blog is actually installed at /nsilverbullet in wordpress. To map from subdirectories to domains I am using the WordPress MU Domain Mapping plugin. Unfortunately WordPress MU Domain Mapping and W3 Total Cache do […] Read more »

Missing code churn in TFS Build reports

Cranes In The Sky.

Over the last few months I have seen that some of the automated builds that we have setup aren’t producing code churn data in reports. The issue hasn’t been a high priority and I have searched online to try and find a quick fix but couldn’t find anything that related to our issues… No errors were being reported and when I actually looked into the Team Foundation Server warehouse database tables the BuildChangesetSK table didn’t […] Read more »

ASP.NET DropDownList always fires SelectedIndexChanged

DropDownList

After a couple of days trying to get to grips with a misbehaving custom compositecontrol I finally located the issue to a feature/bug in the framework implementation of DropDownList and ListControls in general. There is an issue logged on Microsoft Connect but it has been closed as “by-design”. I don’t think that this behavior really is by-design but there are two contradicting features interacting with each other leaving Microsoft with no other choice but to […] Read more »

100% CPU usage in BizTalk development environment

These last few days I have been having enormous problems with my BizTalk development environment running in a windows Server 2003 Virtual PC environment. Whenever the BizTalkServerApplication host was started CPU usage would stay at 100% consistently. Stopping all my applications and even deleting them changed nothing. No running or suspended instances were visible. For some reason the sqlservr.exe process was consuming all available CPU resources. I found a couple of links that helped me […] Read more »

BizTalk 2006 MQSC Adapter Encoding Solution

Working with Websphere MQ and the MQSC adapter is quite new for me and I have been struggling with a couple of problems which have been very difficult to find solutions to. One of our main issues has been getting the correct character encoding of outgoing messages to MQ. BizTalk would output the message with the correct encoding (using a file send port to verify) and it looked like the messages on the WebSphere MQ […] Read more »

Add intellisense for any file extension in Visual Studio 2005 or 2008

I have been messing about with some template experiments in dasBlog using Notepad++ and Visual Studio 2008. That is changing the site layout by editing homeTemplate.blogtemplate, dayTemplate.blogtemplate and itemTemplate.blogtemplate for a dasBlog Theme. These files are basically html files with dasBlog specific macros for inserting the blog functionality. Notepad++ First off I love Notepad++ as a replacement for Notepad.  I have had a hard time doing more complex things in Notepad++ due to my addiction to […] Read more »

Remove Byte Order Mark from a BizTalk 2006 outgoing messages

The BOM is a two to four byte sequence at the start of an encoded file which tells the recipient if the characters are encoded using big-endian or little-endian byte order. In BizTalk generally the byte order mark is added when a file is UTF-8 or UTF-16 encoded using an XML assembler in a send pipeline. Sometimes applications cannot handle the initial bytes and you don’t want them to be added to your message. I […] Read more »

URL Rewrite Does Not Work on Vista

While trying out a complex URL rewriting scenario in ASP.Net I ran into a pretty strange problem that resulted in a 404 error: Description: HTTP 404. The resource you are looking for (or one of its dependencies) could have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable. Please review the following URL and make sure that it is spelled correctly. Requested Url: /6.aspx/t.aspx My code is very similar to a solution that I […] Read more »