Finished update to 2.0

It turns out that it really was very simple to upgrade to dasBlog 2.0 and ASP.Net 2.0. I did the ASP.Net upgrade first simply by changing which version of .Net to use. dasBlog 1.9 seemed to keep on working without a hitch which meant I could proceed with the upgrade process locally. I followed the instructions and uploaded all the files to my server…

Unfortunately I had missed a section that I had changed in my web.config which of course meant an ugly error page was the first thing that came up. In the upgrade instructions they point out that the most common cause of errors during an upgrade is problems merging changes in web.config so I could easily fix it guided by the detailed error message that I received.

Now it seems that most of the problems that I had with previous versions of dasBlog running under medium trust are gone. The only problem that remains is that the default configuration of medium trust won’t allow dasBlog to ping or trackback to other sites, I can live with that!

Leave A Comment...

*